Some of my favorite verses ...
- Faithful are the wounds of a friend, but an enemy multiplies kisses! (Prov. 27.6)
- A soft answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger. (Prov. 15.1)
- I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worth comparing with
the glory that is to be revealed to us. (Rom 8.18)
- In any matter the first to speak seems right, until someone comes forward and
points out other ways of looking at the matter. (Proverbs 18:17 - My translation)
Who is it who continually walks in your tent, LORD? Who abides in your holy hill?
- He who is walking uprightly and working righteousness and speaking truth in his heart.
- He who has not slandered by his tongue, he who has not done evil to his friend and he who has not lifted up a reproach against his neighbor.
- He in whose eyes anyone who is loathsome and worthy of being cast out is despised, he who honors those who fear the LORD.
- He who has made solemn commitments and does not go back on his word, even when those commitments result in his own hurt.
- He who hasn't charged anyone interest when he lends his money and hasn't taken a bribe against the innocent.
He Who is doing these things will never be moved! (Psalm 15.1-5)
- Trust in the Lord with all your heart, lean not on your own understanding.
6 In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will direct your steps.
- So I say to you, Ask and keep on asking and it shall be given you; seek and keep on
seeking and you shall find; knock and keep on knocking and the door shall be opened to you.
10 For everyone who asks and keeps on asking receives; and he who seeks and keeps on
seeking finds; and to him who knocks and keeps on knocking, the door shall be opened.
11 What father among you, if his son asks for a loaf of bread, will give him a stone; or
if he asks for a fish, will instead of a fish give him a serpent?
12 Or if he asks for an egg, will give him a scorpion?
13 If you then, evil as you are, know how to give good gifts [gifts that are to their
advantage] to your children, how much more will your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit
to those who ask and continue to ask Him!
(Luke 11:9-13, Amplified Bible)
last updated on ... Jan 7, 2012
created on ... Jan 7, 2012